Effective date: September 7, 2018
Investors Heritage Life Insurance Company (“Investors Heritage”, “us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the investorsheritage.com website (the “Service”).
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
We collect data directly when you provide it to us and automatically as you navigate the Service. Some of the information we collect may be Personal Data (as defined below) and some may be about you though it does not identify you individually. We also collect information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Service, and usage details.
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, City State, ZIP/Postal code
- Policy numbers
We collect information about how you access and use the Service (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We collect this information through automatic data collection technologies as you navigate and interact with the Service.
Even if the information we collect automatically does not include Personal Data, if we maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties, we treat it all as Personal Data.
We may also collect information about your internet connection and the equipment you use to access the Service. We collect information from you through correspondence you send and you provide information to us when you complete and submit the “Find an Agent,” “Service Request,” “Contact Us,” and/or other forms on the Service.
Tracking & Cookies Data
A cookie is a small data file that we store on your computer to keep track of what happens during your visit and to recognize the computer. A cookie is not a program and does not contain viruses. Cookies are required to make the website work and they also help us to gain an overview of your use of the website so that we can continually optimize and focus the website to your needs and interests. Examples of Cookies we use include:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service. Session cookies expire when you close your browser.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes, such as authenticating users.
We also use beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service. A web beacon is a graphic image placed on a web site or an email and used to monitor the behavior of the user visiting the website or sending the email.
We may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
We engage in online behavioral advertising. We track your browsing activities when we serve you content so that we can tailor the display of advertisements for our services to you on third party websites. This information may identify a browser, but is not personally identifiable. Please see the section below entitled “Service Providers” to see how third parties may collect information about your activities over time and across websites when you use our Service.
Use of Data
Investors Heritage uses the collected data for various purposes, including:
- To provide, maintain, and improve the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To track interest in our career opportunities
- To provide you with advertisements and promotional materials
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Investors Heritage
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the data
- For any other purpose with your consent
- To market our products and services to those customers who use the Service
Transfer of Data
This Service is intended only for users in the United States. Anyone who accesses the Service from outside the United States does so at their own risk.
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify an individual without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties who provide us with services and/or support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Data confidential and to use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, including without limitation membership organizations to which you belong that may market our services to you
- To a buyer or other successor in interest in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Investors Heritage’s assets
- To third parties when necessary to fulfill the purpose for which you provide the Personal Data
- For any other purpose we disclose when you provide the information
- As permitted by law
- With your consent
We do not disclose Personal Data to third parties for them to use in marketing their own goods or services.
In addition to disclosing Personal Data for the reasons described above, Investors Heritage may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation (including by responding to any government or regulatory request)
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Investors Heritage (including for the purpose of exchanging information with third parties for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction)
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
We will not disclose your Personal Data to any other person except our affiliates and other nonaffiliated third parties that perform marketing and other services on our behalf and with whom we have joint marketing or service agreements and who have agreed to follow appropriate standards of security and confidentiality.
Security of Data
Investors Heritage protects the information it collects by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that meet or exceed requirements of applicable federal and state law.
The security of your information also depends on you. Where you have been given (or have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Service, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential. Do not share your password with anyone.
While the security of your data is very important to us, you must remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data and comply with all applicable laws and regulations, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
We may use third party service providers to facilitate our recruitment efforts.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
If you do not want us to use your email address to promote our products or services, you can opt-out by by sending us an email stating your request at the email address set forth in the Contact Us section below. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future promotional email distributions.
You may send us an email at the email address set forth in the Contact Us section below to request access to, correct, or delete any Personal Data you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Data except by also deleting your account and possibly by discontinuing other services. We may not accommodate a request to change Personal Data or other information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. If we do not agree that the information you want to correct is incorrect, you have the right to submit a short statement of dispute, which we will place in your file and include in any future disclosure of information.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, do not use or provide Personal Data through this Service. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers. If you believe we may have any information from or about a child under the age of 18, please contact us using the contact information set forth in the Contact Us section below.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By visiting this page on our website: ihlic.com/contact-us
- By phone number: 800-422-2011
- By mail: PO Box 717, Frankfort, KY 40602-0717